Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hello!

Hi!

I am putting this together as a comprehensive source of information of all things related to college. I'm going to start with a few posts about some of the things I wish I would have known about saving up for college, selecting a college and the first year at college. After that I'll get into more for students already in university life. Basically, I'm hoping to share some valuable info with those who need to know-mainly high schoolers and college students.

So who am I to put this together? I am entering my sophomore year at the Ohio State University. I started college at Ohio University (different). I had no grasp of anything financial; in fact, I had only chosen OU because I had been offered a full ride. I learned so much that first year, and I realized that there are a lot of things I wish I had learned even earlier. I want to make this information available, so that no one else will have to go through what I did.

A bad first year at college can be scarring, possibly even enough to make a student decide not to return. I hope to share some ways to make sure that this doesn’t happen to you.

College is supposed to be fun, right? Yeah! It’s also supposed to be a huge learning and growing experience. As I continue to learn and grow, I’m going to try to show you how to have fun at the same time.

To sum things up: I’m going to try to post about everything college – from beginning to end. I want to include everything pertinent, from financials to classes to fun.

Later, gator!

No comments: